Why people advised me against using I2C?


hi there.

i'm designing electrical box desktop. purpose integrate few basic systems homecare usages. example: desktop-illumination remote control (by wi-fi).

my idea electrical box architecture next: 1 module esp8266 works master , receives info net (i use ethernet instead of this, haven't rj45 socket near...). when info received, broadcasts slaves (via i2c). each slave translates data , if command destinated it.

but when talked few electronic experts, advised me against using i2c protocol in order communicate modules. why advice? think better solution use rs485, rs232, or similar? small electrical box , there no electrical noise on bedroom... not @ all...

i decided use i2c because microcontrollers i'm going use atmel, , directly compatible protocol. using rs485, example, requires use aditional circuits...

please, guide me correct path  :d

thank in advance!

quote
but when talked few electronic experts, advised me against using i2c protocol in order communicate modules
why don't ask them?


Arduino Forum > Using Arduino > Networking, Protocols, and Devices (Moderator: fabioc84) > Why people advised me against using I2C?


arduino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Installation database is corrupt

esp8266 (nodemcu 0.9) client.write très lent ???